ASC has partnered with the Australian Government to deliver the Sovereign Shipbuilding Talent Pool (SSTP).
The SSTP was established in September 2021. Its role is to redeploy workers from the discontinued Attack Class Submarine Program into new and existing submarine and shipbuilding programs to build the skills required to deliver Australia’s nuclear-powered submarine program. The SSTP accepts applications from affected workers across all disciplines.
Workers are being offered employment in the following areas:
- The Collins Class submarine program.
- Secondment or assistance into other Australian Defence programs.
- Placement with international partners to learn from their expertise.
- Access to training through ASC’s future-focused Shipbuilding Learning and Development Program.
- Providing subject matter expertise to the Nuclear-powered Taskforce.
Naval Group Australia and Lockheed Martin Australia employees are encouraged to register their interest.