ASC is proud of its reputation as an employer of choice and invests in helping employees to reach their full potential, while promoting a healthy work-life balance. Remuneration is regularly reviewed to ensure ASC remains competitive, and a wide range of employee benefits are offered.
Attracting and retaining skilled and motivated employees is central to ASC’s vision to remain an enduring and integral part of Australia’s maritime strategy and national security.
- Coaching, mentoring and training opportunities.
- Generous paid parental leave and entitlements.
- Flexible work arrangements, including working from home opportunities.
- Accredited breastfeeding-friendly workplace.
- Dedicated Diversity and Inclusion and Employee Engagement teams.
- Active social clubs.
- Access to an onsite health centre (SA only), occupational nurse and ASC’s Employee Assistance Program.
- Health membership discounts.
- Salary sacrificing entitlements including superannuation, novated leasing and more.
- Onsite cafeterias (with great coffee) and free parking.
Benefits are subject to meeting eligibility requirements.
Immediate family members of ASC employees are eligible to access the confidential and independent counselling service, known as the Employee Assistance Program. If you are an ASC employee or family member seeking more information or to make an appointment, use this link: Employee Assistance Program
Learning and Development
ASC is committed to the ongoing professional development of its people. In-house learning and development programs support team members in their current roles and prepare them for their futures, building technical capabilities and leadership expertise.
From early career courses, to bespoke programs that develop ASC’s leaders and build those of tomorrow, ASC supports employees in their career aspirations while strengthening its business and Australia’s naval shipbuilding industry.
As the nation’s sovereign submarine capability expert, ASC partners with educational institutions, registered training organisations, government and industry to ensure training is relevant and future-focused to support Australia’s pipeline of sovereign shipbuilding expertise.
ASC Social Club
Membership of ASC’s Social Club is open to all ASC employees, Royal Australian Navy personnel and onsite contractors at a low cost.
The club is active throughout the year and endeavours to provide a wide range of events and initiatives for members.
For more information, visit the ASC Social Club Website.