The SA-only program exposes undergraduates to many disciplines through working closely with ASC’s senior staff from a variety of career backgrounds.
Why choose ASC?
Working at Australia’s hub of submarine expertise means you will learn from some of the nation’s most highly skilled and experienced specialists and work on an established, operational submarine fleet providing high-quality sustainment services to the Royal Australian Navy.
ASC’s workplace culture, friendly team environment and comprehensive benefits package will support you to thrive in your career.
About our program
ASC offers undergraduates a comprehensive 12- or 20-week program to fulfill the placement requirements of their degree. ASC’s program allows undergraduates to expand their understanding of the Collins Class Submarine Program and the defence industry.
Opportunities are available across the electrical, structural, materials, mechanical, naval architecture and software engineering streams at ASC’s Osborne site in South Australia.
The number of vacancies and disciplines will differ year to year, and will be referenced in our Undergraduate Program advertisement.
Applications currently closed
Applications for the 2023 ASC Undergraduate Program closed at the end of April 2023. We encourage you to click the button below and subscribe to our Job Alerts to stay informed of future programs or vacancies that match your career preferences.
Who can apply?
- Undergraduates in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering
- Undergraduates in Mechanical Engineering, Marine and Mechatronic Engineering
- Undergraduates in Naval Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering
- Undergraduates in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical/Process Engineering, Materials Science (laboratory experience desirable)
- Undergraduates in Science (Computer Science), Computer Systems Engineering
- Bachelor of Naval Architecture
The recruitment process for ASC’s Undergraduate Program involves an
initial telephone screening and if successful, a face-to-face interview. If you are invited to an interview, ASC will ask you to present any personal projects or discipline related projects or hobbies you may have undertaken during your degree.