Why choose ASC?
Working at Australia’s hub of submarine expertise means you will learn from some of the nation’s most highly-skilled and experienced specialists.
You will work on an established and highly regarded submarine fleet, right here, right now.
Our workplace culture, friendly team environment, and comprehensive benefits package will support you to thrive in a career with ASC.
About our program
- Exciting and unique opportunity to gain experience and skills in a critical defence industry setting
- Opportunities across our sites at Henderson, WA and Osborne, SA
- Our undergraduate vacancies span the electrical, structural, materials, mechanical and software engineering disciplines. Vacancies and disciplines will differ year to year, and will be referenced on the Undergraduate Program advertisement.
- Comprehensive mentoring and support throughout the life of the program
- Work and build your skills alongside experienced subject matter experts
Who can apply?
- Undergraduates in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering
- Undergraduates in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering
- Undergraduates in Naval Architecture, Civil Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering
- Undergraduates in Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering plus laboratory experience
- Undergraduates in Science (Computer Science) , Computer Systems Engineering
When is our next program open for applicants?
Applications will open in March 2021 for the ASC 2022 National Undergraduate Program, go to our Current Opportunities page under the Careers tab to register for Job Alerts or apply when the program opens.
ASC Graduates - in their own words
Hugo, graduate engineer, Osborne, SA
“What stood out to me about the graduate program was the ability to move around and do different things.
ASC has the leading group of engineers in the submarine space – bar none. So it’s exciting to be working with a company in which it’s possible to develop to that level.”
If you are prepared to put your hand up and take an interest, there’s plenty to do that’s for sure. I’m flat out at the moment.”
Sarah, graduate engineer, Osborne, SA
“ASC has a wide range of opportunities for engineers. As part of my BE in mechatronics from the University of Adelaide, I completed a 12-week undergraduate internship at ASC and saw the number of different aspects of the submarine work here.”
Within six months I was a subsystem technical lead on the sonar upgrade, working with ASC personnel and people from our major suppliers – it was a great experience.”