The two-year program exposes graduates to many disciplines within our business, and enables you to work closely with senior staff from a variety of different backgrounds and fields.
Why choose ASC?
Working at Australia’s hub of submarine expertise means you will learn from some of the nation’s most highly-skilled and experienced specialists.
You will work on an established and highly regarded submarine fleet, right here, right now.
Our workplace culture, friendly team environment, and comprehensive benefits package will support you to thrive in a career with ASC.
About our program
- We offer our graduate engineers a comprehensive program across two-years, consisting of rotations throughout a wide range of departments allowing you to expand your skillset
- Our graduates are offered a permanent contract upon entry to the program
- Opportunities exist across our sites at Henderson, WA and Osborne, SA locations
- Our graduate opportunities span the electrical, structural, materials, mechanical and software engineering streams.
- Vacancies and disciplines will differ year to year, and will be referenced on the Graduate Program advertisement.
- Comprehensive mentoring and support is provided throughout the life of the Graduate Program and beyond
- Work and build your skills alongside experienced subject matter experts
Who can apply?
Students who have recently graduated, or are due to graduate in the year of applying:
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Naval Architecture, Civil Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering plus laboratory experience
- Bachelor of Computer Systems Engineering, Bachelor of Science (Computer Science)
If you are not due to graduate this year, please see our undergraduate opportunities.
When is our next program open for applicants?
ASC Graduates - in their own words
Hugo, graduate engineer, Osborne, SA
“What stood out to me about the graduate program was the ability to move around and do different things.
ASC has the leading group of engineers in the submarine space – bar none. So it’s exciting to be working with a company in which it’s possible to develop to that level.”
If you are prepared to put your hand up and take an interest, there’s plenty to do that’s for sure. I’m flat out at the moment.”
Sarah, graduate engineer, Osborne, SA
“ASC has a wide range of opportunities for engineers. As part of my BE in mechatronics from the University of Adelaide, I completed a 12-week undergraduate internship at ASC and saw the number of different aspects of the submarine work here.”
Within six months I was a subsystem technical lead on the sonar upgrade, working with ASC personnel and people from our major suppliers – it was a great experience.”